Saturday, February 5, 2011

Moving right along...

This week we celebrated Denver's 30th birthday. He is officially in a different decade than I am, and has forever left behind his roaring twenties. It's sort of strange getting older; I don't really feel any different than I did when I was twenty, but I can look in the mirror and see the aging that has taken place. It's as though part of me is on fast-forward while the other part is stuck on pause. A great friend of ours offered to watch all three of our children for us so we could go on an actual date - the first one since the baby. It was very nice to get some alone time, although for the most part we just sort of enjoyed the sound of silence. This is what bliss is post-children.

Our Anniversary is also coming up next month, so to celebrate I signed Denver and I up for a 5k and 10k race. (I will be doing the 5k in case there was any confusion...) This will be my first competitive race since track in middle school, so I am pretty excited. Of course my last race involved me tearing my ACL on the hurdles, so I am a little nervous, but I think it will turn out all right. If nothing else, I get a free t-shirt!

Libby started a children's theater class which is so perfectly up her alley. She informed me after class she no longer wants to be an artist when she grows up: she wants to be an actor. She's been playing the dramatic part well at school by bossing everyone around (including her teacher) and at home bursting into tears over the tiniest inconvenience (i.e. little sister in her personal space). I'm not so sure this is actually something we want to encourage... on the other hand if she does become rich and famous I can have her buy me a mansion on a tropical island here in a few years. What a dilemma...

Mikaela will be starting her first dance class soon and has been practicing a lot at home in Libby's old ballet leotard and slippers. It mostly involves her wiggling her shoulders up and down and making up songs. Today she was holding up her kitty cat pajama pants singing "cat, I'm a kitty cat, and I dance, dance, dance..." from the youtube video. I'm not sure where she gets all this hilarity from, but I enjoy watching her.

Baby Jefferson is getting to the flirty stage; lots of smiles, coos, and little songs. I love watching him looking up at me with his adoring little blue eyes. I wish babies would stay babies foreverrrrrrrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment